:: Back to Main Site
Microsoft Access - Class 1 - Part I
A relational database management system (DBMS) provides the following
- It allows you to create database structures containing fields,
tables, and table relationships.
- It lets you easily add new records, change field values in existing
records, and delete records.
- Controls redundancy (elimination of multiple entries with the
same information, elimination of inconsistency, saving on storage
- It contains a built-in query language, which lets you obtain immediate
answers to the questions you ask about your data.
- It contains a built-in report generator, which lets you produce
professional-looking formatted reports from your data.
- It provides protection of databases through security, control,
backup and recovery facilities.
Print this page